Cupping therapy dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world. Glass cups are applied to the skin by either suction or heat, drawing the skin, superficial muscles tissue and fascia inside the cup to release muscle tension and improve circulation. More recently it has been used by athletes such as Michael Phelps for recover and event preparation.
What does it do?
Cupping works with the meridian points (energy lines) the same as acupuncture does. Where as new research and practice also uses the cups for massage and myofascial release.
At NJD our cupping treatment is combined with hands on massage to ease muscles tension, aches and pains, and improve blood flow to the tissues.
How can you benefit from Cupping?
- Increase blood flow to the area being cupped
- Reduce muscle pain and muscular tension
- Aid Relaxation
- Lifts and stretches soft tissue to separate fascial restriction
- Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints
- Move waste products in the muscles, enabling normal lymphatic flow.
Cupping Therapy can be used as a relaxation treatment, Deep Tissue Massage and on the Meridian Points.Book Now