Hypnobirthing is birth preparation that allows you to release fear and anxiety in order to have a positive birth that is right for you and your baby.
Meg Brierley from Birth Evolution offers Hypnobirthing antenatal courses that don’t just cover standard Hypnobirthing techniques. The courses contain practical, emotional and informational support. The content is inspired by her training as a birth and postnatal doula, and rebozo and a postnatal massage practitioner.
It is comprehensive and fully independent Hypnobirthing antenatal preparation that focuses on YOU and developing your confidence as the birth approaches.
Hypnobirthing is not just for pain free, ‘natural’ birth. It is for all birth.Hypnobirthing techniques can be used to achieve an empowered and positive birth regardless of previous birthing experiences, whether the birth is spontaneous or induced, for a single baby or multiple babies and for vaginal or Caesarean birth.
At NJD Sports Injuries Centre you can do 2 day group Hypnobirthing workshops that provide you with everything you need to feel confident, informed and totally prepared for a positive birth. Currently some workshops are being run online until face to face is allowed.
The group Hypnobirthing workshop is an interactive and fully comprehensive antenatal course packed with 10 hours of evidence-based information alongside practical and confidence-boosting techniques to leave you empowered and looking forward to the day of your baby’s birth.
Taking place in a calm, relaxed and intimate studio space, you will benefit from all Meg’s experience as a Hypnobirthing Practitioner and Doula with sessions that cover far more than your average Hypnobirthing or antenatal course.Book Now
The Over the 2 days you will cover:
- How your body works in pregnancy and birth; the muscles, the hormones, the pelvis, the baby
- The stages of labour and what to expect
- Your options in order to make fully informed decisions whatever path your birth may take; birth location, interventions, comfort measures, the unexpected and special circumstances
- Positions and posture during pregnancy, labour and birth
- How anxiety and fear can affect birth
- Use of effective breathing techniques for relaxation and during labour and birth
- Use of visualisations and affirmations in creating a positive mindset
- Deep relaxation and self hypnosis to help you stay calm and focused
- Specific guidance for birth partners so they will be confident as your support
In addition to this you will also:
- Learn rebozo (a traditional scarf) techniques to provide comfort and relaxation during pregnancy and labour, as well as support in getting baby into an optimal position
- Explore how to create a birth plan (or birth preferences) that are right for you
Receive invaluable support in preparing for the postnatal period, a time that is often overlooked as the focus tends to be solely on the birth
“You deserve to have a truly positive experience as you follow your journey through pregnancy, birth and beyond. That means being informed, confident and listened to.
Meg is here to help you feel totally ready for what lies ahead.”
The 2 day group workshops are £250 and include:
- 10 hours of empowering Hypnobirthing for you and your chosen birth partners
- A copy of The Positive Birth Book by Milli Hill
- A resource folder to accompany the workshop
- Audio tracks for relaxation
- Access to the parent resource hub
- A welcome gift bag of gorgeous goodies
- Ongoing support via email/phone until the birth of your baby
Meg can also provide optional infant feeding information if the group wishes to cover this.
“You deserve to have a truly positive experience as you follow your journey through pregnancy, birth and beyond. That means being informed, confident and listened to. I am here to help you feel totally ready for what lies ahead.”
Follow Meg Brierly: